For more than 30 years, our well-respected events have addressed key regional and global challenges, to help position regions as the drivers of future prosperity.
Two years with COVID-19: a tale of carrots, sticks and megaphones
Register now for this free event on 31 Aug at 4pm.
Join a team of global experts and Hunter Research Foundation Centre - HRF Centre's Academic Director Professor Roberta Ryan at this free webinar.
The emergence of variants, together with vaccine hesitancy, wait and see verses firm-hand approaches, and communication and mental health challenges pose an increasing test to people, industries and policymakers navigating the second year of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The interactive Q&A session chaired by Professor Ryan will feature distinguished global leaders from industry and academia. Featuring:
- Professor Francesco Paolucci - Economist, University of Newcastle
- Anca del Rio - The Digital Aid Project, Switzerland
- Jurgen Brohmer - Lawyer, Murdoch University, Australia
- Anika Stobart - Grattan Institute, Australia
- Kristen Armstrong - Actuary, Taylor Fry, Australia
2020 Gateway Cities Alliance Webinar Series
- 22 Sep. How supply chains are contributing to the growth of our regions - Watch the webinar
- 20 Oct. Gateway cities: population post COVID-19 (Hosted by HRF Centre) - Download the presentations or watch the video
- 24 Nov. The Future of work - who, how and where
The series examined the opportunities for the Gateway Cities of Wollongong, Newcastle and Geelong. Australia’s metropolitan capital cities continue to face escalating population growth presenting significant challenges for sustainable urban planning and development. Increasingly, the focus is turning to our major regional cities to better understand their economic and social contribution and to develop strategies for growth.
2020 Newcastle Breakfast Series
2020 Upper Hunter Breakfast Series
- 1 April 2020 - Listen to the insights from our keynote speaker
2019 Smaller and Smarter Cities: International Symposium
The symposium addressed the opportunities and challenges facing major, non-capital cities. Download the discussion paper from the 'Outcomes Workshop.