Monday, 1 January, 2018
Andy Sammut is an experienced Local Government professional with 32 years’ in the industry and a strong track record in quality service delivery and continuous improvement. For 27 of these years he held management roles in a large metropolitan Council in New South Wales; 16 of which were in senior management and executive roles. Andy has led Corporate and Community Services through significant organisational reform and development. As Director of Corporate Services at Canterbury City Council he had primary responsibility for delivery of Council’s Integrated Planning and Reporting Program while playing a pivotal role in instigating corporate business improvement processes across a broad ranging portfolio. He supported and directed the delivery of programs and service reviews both within this portfolio and across other Divisions that provided city-wide assets, land-use planning, works, waste and environmental programs.
Andy has specialised skills in management development and community engagement; with qualifications and experience in working to promote organisational effectiveness and efficiency. His background in social planning, service delivery, community engagement and financial management reflect a strong commitment to working with people to ensure good communication and deliver realistic, financially sustainable outcomes for stakeholders.
Since leaving local government in 2016, Andy has worked as a consultant in the industry and as an Associate at both the University of Technology Sydney and Newcastle University. He has lead and supported a range of landmark projects, designing and implementing organisational change in regional, rural and city-based Councils.
- Leadership, Management Development and Coaching
- Organisational Change, Change Management and Strategic Planning
- Corporate and Social Planning
- Asset management, utilisation and planning
- Integrated Planning and Reporting
- Policy Development, Review and Consultation.
- Community Engagement and Stakeholder Partnerships
- Budget and Service Delivery Planning and Implementation
- Process Improvement and Service Delivery Reviews
- Stakeholder engagement in Organisational Restructures
- Project Management and Risk Management
- Communication and Decision-making
- Program Evaluation and Performance Management
- Bachelor of Social Work with First Class Honours
- Diploma in Frontline Management