Our YOUnite project examined - What are the barriers to our young people transitioning successfully from school to independent adult life? And our inaugural YOUnite Youth Summit featured three young researchers who presented the project findings around three key themes:
- HSC: Ticket to Success or Highly Stressful Cocoon?
- Support: Is it Super or Does it Suck?
- Wonderful World of Work or Just Wishful Thinking?
- Research results including potential strategies and recommendations presented by HRF researchers and young people involved in the project
- Keynote speaker Genevieve Clay-Smith - 2015 NSW Young Australian of the Year and co-founder of not-for-profit Bus Stop Films who grew up in Newcastle.
- Small group workshop with attendees taking part to suggest meaningful and achievable solutions to the issues raised in the research
- Young people 14 to 25 years – from high schools, TAFE, University of Newcastle and the broader community from across the Hunter
- Youth service providers – including Youth Councils from across the Region, government providers, careers, education training and welfare organisations
- Corporate partners – including organisations are concerned with the social issues arising from young people increasingly disconnecting from study, work and community.
Want to know more? Contact Kim Britton