Celebrating 30 years in 2017 and attracting hundreds of key business people and decision-makers, this event delivers independent insights. Dynamic speakers deliver the latest national and international economic insights and special themes target important regional issues.
4 August breakfast featured youth employment theme
Our last breakfast focussed on the challenges around youth employment and its impact on the path ahead for the Hunter.
Australia's future prosperity relies upon effective participation of young people in the economy. So what does that mean for the Hunter economy and for local businesses, government and the community sector? How can youth unemployment be reduced?
The breakfast featured:
- Maggie Hill - Foundation for Young Australians - The New Work Mindset (see website for report findings)
- Dr Anthea Bill, HRF Centre - Download presentation Hunter Economic Update and Youth Employment
- Expert Panel - featuring April Carlin, Dept of Employment and Geoff Crews, Director of Forsythes Recruitment
- Download the June quarter Hunter Region Economic Indicators publication
Next breakfast will feature:
- Craig James, Chief Economist, CommSec
- Fri. 24 November - 7am to 9am
- Wests Newcastle, Cnr King and Union Streets Newcastle West
- Tickets from $35 + student and not-for-profit rates are available - Bookings open in October
- Please note parking fees now apply at the venue's carparks. Free on-street parking applies until 9am (pre-paid parking is also available after 9am).
For more information about the event contact Maree Campbell - email or phone (02) 4985 4311