For over 30 years this series has attracted hundreds of guests from local industry, government and the community, and delivered timely and independent insights to help drive business and regional prosperity. Dynamic speakers present the latest national, international and regional economic insights and a focus on special themes highlight important local issues.
2019 Dates: 1 March | Thurs. 16 May | Fri. 26 July | Fri. 15 November
26 JULY BREAKFAST
Theme for 2019 series is "Collaboration & Vision"
What further insights into collaboration and influence can enable Greater Newcastle to create consensus around strategic initiatives and to influence key players inside and outside the region?
Join Lucy Turnbull AO, Chief Commissioner, Greater Sydney Commission, as she shares her unique experiences and insights in creating consensus and effectively exerting influence around strategic initiatives. As a former Lord Mayor of Sydney, former Chair of the Committee for Sydney, and in her role as Chief Commissioner, Ms Turnbull has succeeded in building collaborative partnerships in a range of arenas.
- Lucy Turnbull AO, Greater Sydney Commission, Chief Commissioner - Collaboration and Influence
- Dr Anthea Bill, HRF Centre Lead Economist - Insights for the Hunter Economy
- Cr Bob Pynsent, Chair, Hunter Joint Organisation
The latest Hunter Region Economic Indicators will be released at the breakfast.
16 MAY 2019 BREAKFAST - THEME: GROWING AN INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM
- Sander van Amelsvoort, Director of SJS Strategy - Winning from Second: The Eindhoven Story - Download the presentation
- Dr Anthea Bill, HRF Centre Lead Economist - Insights for the Hunter Innovation Landscape - Download the presentation
Download May 2019 Innovation in Hunter Businesses insights released at the breakfast.
1 MARCH 2019 BREAKFAST: THE MONA EFFECT
- David Bartlett, Former Premier of Tasmania - The MONA Effect - DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION
- Andrew Hoyne, Founding Director, Hoyne, and Author of The Place Economy
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, HRF Centre - Hunter Region Economic Insights - DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION
16 NOVEMBER 2018 BREAKFAST: THEME - INNOVATION
Are Newcastle and the Hunter winning or losing at the innovation game?
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, Hunter Research Foundation Centre Download Presentation
- James O'Loghlin
- Heath Raftery, Newie Ventures
- Siobhan Curran, I2N
27 JULY 2018 BREAKFAST: THEME - TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE FUTURE
HRF Centre presented insights for the national and local economy, including the results of our unique Pulse Survey of local consumer and business expectations presented in our Hunter Region Economic Indicators. An expert panel focussed on transport infrastructure.
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, Hunter Research Foundation Centre Download presentation
- Professor Emeritus Roy Green, Chair, Port of Newcastle
- Kyle Loades, Steering Committee Chair, Committee for Sydney; ex-Chairman, NRMA
- Matt Coetzee, Client Director Cities, Aurecon
- Chris Knowles, Director Sales and Marketing, McLanahan Corporation
11 MAY 2018 BREAKFAST
Our second Hunter Economic Breakfast for 2018 continued the theme of Growing Smarter and examined economic prosperity and inequality. We released a special edition of our March Hunter Region Economic Indicators focussed on inequality.
- Melinda Cilento, CEO, CEDA - How unequal? Insights on inequality DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, HRF Centre - Indicators of Social Inequality in the Hunter DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION
- Hugh Mackay, Author and social researcher - Australia Reimagined
To receive event invites sign up below. Interested in supporting HRF Centre's research program? Contact Kim Britton on (02) 4985 4304