For over 30 years this series has attracted hundreds of guests from local industry, government and the community, and delivered timely and independent insights to help drive business and regional prosperity. Dynamic speakers present the latest national, international and regional economic insights and a focus on special themes highlight important local issues.
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, Hunter Research Foundation Centre - Setting the Scene Nationally and Insights for the Hunter Economy
- Professor Emeritus Roy Green, Chair, Port of Newcastle
- Sara Rollason, Director, Brilliant Cities, AECOM
- Kyle Loades, Steering Committee Chair, Committee for Sydney; ex-Chairman, NRMA
- Chris Knowles, Director Sales and Marketing, McLanahan Corporation
- Melinda Cilento, CEO, CEDA - How unequal? Insights on inequality DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, HRF Centre - Indicators of Social Inequality in the Hunter DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION
- Hugh Mackay, Author and social researcher - Australia Reimagined
27 JULY BREAKFAST
CONNECTING THE HUNTER - TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE FUTURE
Transport infrastructure for the Hunter is in the news.The future of the port, airport expansion, improved road links and expanded rail infrastructure. They can build on the Hunter’s natural advantages and support a diversify and resilient economy.
HRF Centre will present insights for the national and local economy, including the results of our unique Pulse Survey of local consumer and business expectations presented in our Hunter Region Economic Indicators.
An expert panel will focus on transport infrastructure. Panel members will variously comment on what is happening locally, nationally, and internationally. They will highlight case studies and discuss the nature and implications of proposed local initiatives.
Fri. 27 July | 6:45am - 9am | NEX Wests City
TICKETS $65. Reduced rate corporate tables, not-for-profit and UON student tickets available
For more information contact Olivia Wyborn - email or call on (02) 4033 9457.
11 MAY BREAKFAST
Our second Hunter Economic Breakfast for 2018 continued the theme of Growing Smarter and examined economic prosperity and inequality. We released a special edition of our March Hunter Region Economic Indicators focussed on inequality.
DOWNLOAD the latest Hunter Region Economic Indicators
To receive event invites sign up below. Interested in supporting HRF Centre's research program? Contact Kim Britton on (02) 4985 4304