For 33 years this series has played a pivotal role in the Centre's independent research projects and engagement forums. Each event attracts over 250 guests from industry, government and the community sector. Keynote speakers and the HRF Centre's researchers deliver evidence and insights to inform future directions for the region, and to drive business growth and community prosperity.
2020 Dates: 28 February | 22 May | 24 July | 13 November
FRIDAY 28 FEBRUARY - DO WE NEED A 'HUNTER REGIONAL OUTLOOK'?
Contact: Olivia Wyborn or call (02) 4033 9457
FRIDAY 15 NOVEMBER - REGIONAL POPULATION GROWTH - ARE WE READY?
26 JULY BREAKFAST - THEME COLLABORATION AND INFLUENCE
- Lucy Turnbull AO, Greater Sydney Commission, Chief Commissioner - Collaboration and Influence Download the presentation
- Dr Anthea Bill, HRF Centre Lead Economist - Insights for the Hunter Economy Download the presentation
- Cr Bob Pynsent, Chair, Hunter Joint Organisation
The June Hunter Region Economic Indicators were released at the breakfast.
16 MAY 2019 BREAKFAST - THEME: GROWING AN INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM
- Sander van Amelsvoort, Director of SJS Strategy - Winning from Second: The Eindhoven Story - Download the presentation
- Dr Anthea Bill, HRF Centre Lead Economist - Insights for the Hunter Innovation Landscape - Download the presentation
Download May 2019 Innovation in Hunter Businesses insights released at the breakfast.
1 MARCH 2019 BREAKFAST: THE MONA EFFECT
- David Bartlett, Former Premier of Tasmania - The MONA Effect - DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION
- Andrew Hoyne, Founding Director, Hoyne, and Author of The Place Economy
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, HRF Centre - Hunter Region Economic Insights - DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION
16 NOVEMBER 2018 BREAKFAST: THEME - INNOVATION
Are Newcastle and the Hunter winning or losing at the innovation game?
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, Hunter Research Foundation Centre Download Presentation
- James O'Loghlin
- Heath Raftery, Newie Ventures
- Siobhan Curran, I2N
27 JULY 2018 BREAKFAST: THEME - TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE FUTURE
HRF Centre presented insights for the national and local economy, including the results of our unique Pulse Survey of local consumer and business expectations presented in our Hunter Region Economic Indicators. An expert panel focussed on transport infrastructure.
- Dr Anthea Bill, Lead Economist, Hunter Research Foundation Centre Download presentation
- Professor Emeritus Roy Green, Chair, Port of Newcastle
- Kyle Loades, Steering Committee Chair, Committee for Sydney; ex-Chairman, NRMA
- Matt Coetzee, Client Director Cities, Aurecon
- Chris Knowles, Director Sales and Marketing, McLanahan Corporation
11 MAY 2018 BREAKFAST
Our second Hunter Economic Breakfast for 2018 continued the theme of Growing Smarter and examined economic prosperity and inequality. We released a special edition of our March Hunter Region Economic Indicators focussed on inequality.